Saturday, October 6, 2012

Not just one hero, but a team of hero's.

     I have to be honest, when I first started hearing the "Orioles Magic" song a few weeks ago I was like, "What is this?" in a very sarcastic tone. You know what though? This team does have something special about them that really has me excited for their post season. Not so much excited for that song though. Lets take a moment and think about the personalities on this O's team. Going through the roster I can not think of a single player that you could honestly label as a jerk, or greedy, or even selfish. They are all looking out for each other and every single one of them is contributing and not spitting out any drama. What do I mean by drama? Well now take a second and scroll back into your memory the following names: Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Manny Ramirez, Alex Rodriguez, Albert Belle. Sure every one of them had talent, but they also brought along a mountain of drama that really put a drag on team moral. I will never for get when Clemens won his first World Series with the Yankees, I believe Paul O'Neill's father passed away that day. In support of Paul the Yankees all kept their celebration kind of mellow, but then you had Clemens, he was the only one with a giant grin on his face and jumping up and down screaming. At that moment I realized he was in it only for him not for his team or the fans but for him. That day I lost any shred of respect I had left for Roger Clemens.

     Below is an interview with coach Showalter and I think he really says it best in regards to the chemistry of this team.





I could not have said it better than myself!

Next up is a segment that was aired on FOX 25 in Boston back in 2006. I am the guy referred to as "Case Man" You will know its me when you hear the Clemens doormat comment.



Peace and good vibes. Let's Go O's!!!

-Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment