Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympics + Baseball = AWESOME

     The first full week of the Olympic games is nearing an end and there is so much more to see! Like every one else yesterday, we were cheering on Michael Phelps. I was avoiding the news and all other NBC related websites that way I could watch his performance like it was live. Along with Mrs. Phelps I cheered when I thought he had won Gold, and was let down when I saw that the other guy beat him out. Then there was the relay and Michael was the anchor. What?!?! He had never anchored the relay before, but if they could give him a big lead he would have no problems holding that lead! Lets just say it got loud at my house in Baltimore! In between swim meets they had the women's gymnastics. Now I am not a big gymnastics fan but it was pretty awesome watching those kids rock the joint! It also gives you some hope for the future when you see those kids support each other.

Michael Phelps of the U.S. holds his 19th Olympic medal presented to him in the men's 4x200m freestyle relay victory ceremony during the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Aquatics Centre July 31, 2012. REUTERS/Michael Dalder

     I almost forgot! We still have baseball! The AL East looks weird right now. Yankees in first, Orioles in second........Wait!!! Its August and the ORIOLES are only 5.5 games back?!?!?!?! Some one pinch me! The Red Sox are in 4th?!?!?! Come on now I just know some one is going to jump out from behind the Babe Ruth statue and yell, "April Fools!" If this O's team does not at least make it to the first round of the playoff's it will be a shame because they deserve to be there. What is the one thing Baltimore has needed for over 10 years now? Consistency. They have that now and also it helps to have a coach that knows what to do! As much as I would love to see a Nationals vs. Orioles World Series this year I know it may not happen, but I sure as heck also know that it darn well could happen!!! Lets not forget I grew up in New England and I saw 2 things happen that people said I would never see, Patriots and Red Sox winning championships. So if ABBA can happen anything can happen!

Keep your eye on these O's!

No comments:

Post a Comment