Friday, October 12, 2012

Baltimore comes out on top! Tie series and force game 5.

     Have the O's finally gotten their jitters out? I don't know about you but I sure hope so! Inning after inning the pitchers did what they had to do. The main thing that concerns me is the fact that both Adam Jones and Chris Davis were swinging at everything. At one point late in the game it almost seemed like Davis was tired at the plate or didn't care swinging at balls that were in the dirt. Something was bugging those guys and I sure hope they have figured it out. Tomorrow night is it. Thursday night the defense proved they are ready, the pitching was also spot on. The bats and the base runners need to stay smart, relax and just go for those base hits. Forget about the fence, hit it in the gaps and move the base runners forward. If you are not going to steal second then please keep you head in the game and not get picked off.

     Tonight JJ Hardy came through when his squad needed him the most, and Jimmy Johnson redeemed himself. These guys need to come to the game tomorrow ready to hit the ball. Pitching can only carry a team so far, and we need some big at bats to show that lights out pitching staff some much needed love. I gotta tell you, when Machado got on to 3rd base I could not sit any longer. I was up and pacing back and forth. I am also not watching the game on TBS. I am listening to it on WBAL 1090 AM. If you are watching it then you are missing out on better play calling! In case you missed it because you went to bed, below is the game winning double by JJ Hardy. That is all we need tomorrow consistent base hits, or as Greg like to call them, bloopers in the gaps to move runners along.








Let's get this done!

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment