Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NFL Post Season is upon us!

Well howdy-do! How is every one doing in this new year? Greg and I are doing fantastic! We decided to take a step back these past few months and try to get to know the Baltimore / Washington sporting area a little better. Attended many O's games, been to a couple Cap's games, survived a Skins game, and still waiting for my Baltimore Grand Prix tickets........Wow.

Lets talk about the Grand Prix for a moment. So I wanted to go, Greg wanted to go. Tickets never came. I could not even find it on TV, digging deeper they gave broadcasting rights to Vs. Really Vs.?!?! This would have been huge for local TV! But after months now I am not the only person who was let down. Vender's involved with the event still have not been paid, Baltimore City has still not been paid, and people who were promised comp tickets never got them (on top of still not being paid). What were the Baltimore Grand Prix organizers thinking?!?! When the big investor wanted to pull out so close to the event that should have been a red flag for all involved.

Culture of secrecy hid Grand Prix's failure

NFL Post season is upon us! As the title reads above. December 11th Greg and myself visited FedEx Field for the Redskins vs. Patriots. What a game for us New England born boys! FedEx Field is a nice field if you can afford close seats.....















But the view from our seats did not have such a nice view of the field, we did in fact have a good view of the one EndZone!

The food and drinks were way over priced, and the stadium just looked like a rush job that was slapped together as cheaply as possible. Take a look at Camden Yards, or M&T Bank Stadium and the quality of building / venue is like night & day. Camden Yards reminds me so much of Fenway Park. After the game Greg and I just happened to come across the player buses! Right away we saw some New England players. I am not good with faces outside of helmets when it comes to football and hockey. The first person I see is Ochocinco.













At the time I was not sure if it was him or not so I didn't ask for a picture. A few other guys walk out to meet with family and friends, and who do I see right next to me?!?! The Lawfirm BenJarvus Green-Ellis!












Needless to say if it was not for the mingle session with the Pats players it would have been a disappointing visit to FedEx Field. It really made our year and every one there was cool about it. Enjoy these NFL playoff games and watch for our upcoming PODcasts on iTunes!

Peace and happy New Year!

-Mike

XV6QB3WGCGQD

No comments:

Post a Comment